24 March 2011

Dinner is Wrapped


Every time I take a trip to a new locale, one of my first endeavors is to explore the local gourmet.  This has not always been the most delightful experiences as any visitor to Mexico can surely attest.  I have yet to read any travel article on England that explores the local fare.  My limited gastronomical knowledge of the United Kingdom is solely limited to two items:  Fish and Chips.  And, even those do not come highly recommended.


In conversations with those who visit the United Kingdom on a frequent basis there has yet to be a single recommendation such as "Oh, you must try the ______________at _____________Restaurant.  It is to die for."  Even the books that adorn my bedside table speak of fabulous Indian curry or Ethopian stew but there is very limited references to the a bountiful brunch in the garden or the fabulous dinner by the seaside.  


British imports include tea, cars and Burberry abounds - I guess I'll just have to explore the wonders of the Isles one chip at a time.  And, if Gordon Ramsay happens to see this I'll be happy to 
chow down with you as long as you don't use your potty mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment