23 March 2011

Put a Ring on It


Yes, I am now the proud owner of my very own "Royal Heirloom Ring".  Thanks to my friend Irene, who felt that this exquisite piece of jewelry was a bare necessity for my voyage to the Royal Wedding.  The accompanying "Certificate of Authenticity and Assurance" is quite impressive and it is even signed by Michael C. Travis of the Sterlington Collections.  Who the hell is he anyway?

The certificate states that the center stone is a "faux Ceylon Sapphire" (is that some special type of sapphire?) and surrounded by 14 flawless diamond-x4 hand cut CZ (starting to sound too good to be true to me).  Because Irene had to wait so long for this special order, my ring has been upgraded to a finished sterling silver plate - I think the original version was unfinished.


And although my ring wasn't presented in the Kenyan wilderness and never adorned Di's hand, it will forever hold a special place in my heart.  Because, after all, it does make me feel like a Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment