05 January 2011

The Mad Hatter is Fascinating!

It appears that the fashion trend for the Royal Wedding will include lots of fascinators. "A fascinator is a headpiece, a style of millinery.  The word originally referred to a fine, lacy head covering akin to a shawl and made from wool or lace."  The definition, from Wikipedia, could also describe what I had to wear to church through my formative Catholic years.  However, it would be appear that haute couture will soon be arriving to our shores.  


However, as we have seen from the Royal family (as well as our own American royals) the fascinator may appear more appropriate on a movie set than in a cathedral.  Certainly Princess Bea   
appears to have pollinated.  It's probably a good thing that Monarch butterflies normally have a life span of only 2 months in a garden with sufficient nectar.  I would hope that her fascinator has now migrated!




 My Christmas wish list did include a fascinator and my good friend, Cathy Dyer, surprised me with a Winter Wonderland fascinator to call my own:



Obviously I will need a Spring version for the Royal wedding...hint! hint!  Perhaps my friends could have a fascinating fascinator contest.  Since I am no longer allowed to use a hot glue gun I must rely on my more crafty friends for their creations.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I was hoping that picture would surface. :) Precious.

    ReplyDelete