19 April 2011

A Gnome by Any Other Name


Aren't these gnomes just the cutest thing?  Although they don't bear a strong resemblance to Will and Kate, they are certainly a souvenir worth pursuing.  Who wouldn't want these wonderful woodland creatures protecting your garden?

These garden gnomes were created especially for the Royal Wedding by B&Q for the festivities.  My guess is that they are B&Q is similar to a Lowes or Home Depot store.  Since their website currently lists these gnomes as being out of stock I guess I won't have to worry about spending one of my London afternoons hunting them down.  But, if B&Q wants me to promote them on this side of the pond, they can always deliver them to me.  I just hope the bride's flowers won't fade in our southern sun. 

A recent check of Amazon.com list over 4500 royal wedding souvenirs - but no gnomes! Oh well looks like those tea towels and royal condoms are still at the tops of the list. 

Pip, pip and all that. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the wedding gnomes are now back in stock but you will only find them in store as they are not available to buy on line.
    You may need to hurry as they are seliing fast but it looks like you may still be able to get a bit if english tat onto your American lawn.
    Neil Moroney, Assistant buyer, B&Q. (just like home depot).

    ReplyDelete