07 April 2011

Standing on the Sidelines - Pearls and Pumps




With less than 25 days to go and no Royal Wedding invite in the mail I am becoming more resigned to the fact that I might be watching from the sidewalk along with close to 1 million or so new friends.   This brings up a serious Fashion Question:  What to Wear?

From all reports, London weather is questionable for the nuptials so it must be all-weather and I don't think a new Burberry coat is in the travel budget.  Pants would definitely be out and I can't recall wearing pantyhose since my own wedding day 28 years ago.  It's still early in the season to be showing my winter white legs and tanning may cause cancer so this is really becoming a major issue.  And let's not forget the headgear which is probably one of the most important elements - what is it rains and my feathers drip!  Shoes - oh no!  Another dilemna - my idea of a high heel is elevated Crocs! Now I am beginning to understand why the Queen has not been awarded any Best Dressed Awards.  Hmmm...wonder what size shoe she wears?

Probably one of the best things about being there is no one will really know unless I am plucked from the crowd to join the luncheon at Buck House.  At which point, pearls and pumps will have a go of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment