24 April 2011

The Sound of Music

One small report caught my eye - that the bells of Westminster Abbey will be ringing for 3 hours after the ceremony.   While I think that heralding the joy of the royal nuptials is a grand thing I am starting to wonder if 3 hours is a wee bit too long.  When my neighbors car alarm goes off for more than 2 minutes I start to develop a nervous twitch....3 hours of cling clang could make anyone a little cuckoo. This is about 5000 peals - the last time the bells rung for that long was on the Queen and Prince Philip's 60th Wedding Anniversary in 2007.  

The sound of music will be sweet and I look forward to hearing the peals of joy resound over London town.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/23/us-britain-wedding-bells-idUSTRE73M1K020110423

No comments:

Post a Comment